Monday, 17 September 2012

Vegan pizza party!!


My daughter had a birthday party with vegan dinner and cupcakes. Not only does she have one friend who is vegan, but another friend cannot eat eggs, and another friend cannot eat dairy. So, vegan food includes everyone.

Below is my daughter's request for wheat pizza as well with Daiya cheese on it. She had 5 friends over and all of the 5 friends liked the cheese. So, it was a success. 




My son who cannot eat wheat, dairy, and soy had his own gluten free pizza with Daiya cheese. I didn't have the energy to be making two different doughs both from scratch so I bought him Udi's already made pizza crust, and he likes it so he was happy.

Here is the dough. This was killer dough. It was amazing and the big tip out of this was I put in a bit more yeast than what it asked for, and I gave it LOTS of time to rise. It's been a long time since I have made wheat pizza dough. I am so used to gluten free pizza dough. But this was fun!


3 1/2 cups of flour
2 tbsp of active dry yeast
2 tsp of salt
1/4 cup of oil
1 1/2 cup of hot water

1.  Put the active dry yeast in 1 1/2 cups of warm to hot water and let it sit for at least 10 min
2.  Mix the water with the flour and and oil
3. Add in the salt
4. Stir and then need with your hands. Take your rings off and get right in there. It's fun.
5. Let it sit for 2 hours until it doubles in size. (This is key for chewy bread)
*** You can make the dough in advance and then freeze it or keep it in your fridge
5. When you put it on a pan you don't need to roll it with a pin, just push it out with your fingers and the dough will spread. 


This is what it looks like while I am needing it. You may need to add some flour or water as you go to perfect the texture. 


The dough at the end will look like this






I sprinkled garlic powder and Italian spices on it before I put the pizza sauce on.

Put your sauce on and then any cheese or toppings you like.

The pizza then needs to be in the oven on 500 degrees F and will take about 30 min.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment