Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Vegan Indian food. What are you in the mood for?


So I really didn't have a plan with this meal. I roasted a bunch of veggies that I pre-mixed with spices and oil and roasted in the oven.

Once they were done roasting I let them sit in a pan to keep warm and I threw in some fresh tomatoes and cilantro with some lemon juice.

Yum.

Sometimes not have a plan works out!





For those who are knew to Indian meals, I suggest you start off with 1/2 tsp of different spices when experimenting or following recipes exactly.

Common ingredients in meals that will make it a success are:

Garlic
Ginger
Curry powder
Turmeric powder
Cumin or mustard seeds
Lemon grass or lemon juice

Those combinations are a great base. Add some onions and stir in what you like.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment